Subscribe on YouTube to not miss any video.
You have various options to automate the creation and update of your database. You can use JPA’s schema generation feature or use version-based database migration tools, like Flyway and Liquibase. I explained all of them in great detail here on the blog. You can find links to all articles here: Database Migration.
Articles mentioned in the video:
- Standardized schema generation and data loading with JPA 2.1
- Version-Based Database Migration with Liquibase – Getting Started
- Version-Based Database Migration with Liquibase – Update an Existing Database
- How To Implement Automatic Database Updates By Integrating Liquibase
- Getting Started with Flyway and Version-Based Database Migration
- How to Use Java-based Migrations and Callbacks to Implement Complex Database Migrations With Flyway